– My first basketball shoes (gr. 7)
– The ball I’ve been using for 3 years of basketball
What did I do?
– I did a presentation about basketball
What did I learn?
– I learned how to do a layup and dribble properly.
What would you do differently?
– I would use my time more wisely. I would be more cooperative and helpful to my group. Everyone in the group should be doing something for each other because were so lucky to even have partners to work with.
I learned mostly how to write proper paragraphs and just recently Lea rend how to form a proper essay. Some of my strengths in learning are being able to listen really well, especially in my quiet classes. Also that if I’m doing something interactive like playing sports in PE, I concentrate really well. Some of my weaknesses in learning is when I start procrastinating and not do my homework. My elective courses helped me mostly in my artistic abilities. Such as doing projects where I have to draw and colour posters. My most creative accomplishment was to get a A-B average grade level in all semesters. I am very thankful for all my teachers, for they keep on teaching us even though there is a strike going on at the moment. I am also proud of making birth the volleyball and the basketball team. Throughout the year I have been very successful, in sports and in academics. My academic goals for next year are to just be the best I can be, try my hardest and just have fun!
The Showcase page is a space where you display your most evident learning. You will include at least one piece of evidence for each question. Each item should be reflected on and explained; consider why you chose to showcase it. This is a chance for you to take ownership of your learning. Here are some questions to guide you:
1. Describe a learning experience this year that was the most successful for you. (explain with examples)
2. What are some of your strengths in learning? (explain with examples)
3. What are some of your stuggles in learning? (explain with examples)
4. Explain how your experiences in elective courses have helped or complemented your learning in your academic courses.
6. What was your most creative accomplishment this year? (explain with examples)
7. Taking into account the different courses that you have taken this year, explain and share how your learning has been connected. Provide an example of a project, lesson or unit where skills or content were used from different learning experiences (courses, clubs, extra curricular, teams)
8. What are your academic goals for next year? (Be thoughtful; focus on something that is meaningful to you)