The greatest Canadian, in my opinion, is Lilly Singh.
She is the Greatest Canadian because, in the modern world, internet is a huge part of our everyday life. Lilly Singh uses the internet for the better. She is smart that way.
She worked really hard to get where she is now, and she continues to work hard everyday. She is a role model for all internet users. She works with Unicef to provide education for young unfortunate girls. She also works with the Me to We enterprise to inspire youth to become leaders in the world.
I would say that she is the greatest example of hard working Canadian youth.
My speech went well. I think I did a good job because I had all the information I needed, without adding any useless facts. I spoke loud enough and clearly. I had good points and really tried to prove my point and persuade my audience.
My tips for my future self and others for public speaking are:
- Memorize is properly. This is very important because then you’ll be able to make eye contact with your audience. They’ll feel like they really need to listen to you.
- Practice in front of somebody to give you feed back. On your volume, clearness, speed, etc.
- Try working with your friend across the room to make sure they can here you loud and clear.
- Stand tall and don’t fiddle with things in our hand that could potentially distract your audience from what you’re telling them.
- Lastly, just practice! Being confident in what you are telling your audience makes them really understand! You won’t be that nervous, either, because if you know your speech well, there is less chance you will mess up.
The second greatest Canadian is Terry Fox because he inspired everyone to donate money for a very important cause, Cancer research.